Who doesn’t love chocolate? Dark, velvety, and delicious, chocolate is the ultimate sweet treat. In Lanark County, you’ll find award-winning chocolateries creating sweet and delicious chocolate treats that will satisfy even the most persistent chocolate cravings.
Of course, the chocolate story doesn’t end there – you’ll find chocolate undertones appears in unexpected places in Lanark County. Whether it’s decadent chocolate desserts, sweet baked goods, delightful truffles, or a dark and delectable maple-chocolate beer, the Chocolate Lovers Trail is a cocoa adventure.
Discover new depths to your love affair with chocolate right here in Lanark County! Read on for a curated itinerary to take you to all the best chocolate experiences.
Begin your experience in the charming small town of Almonte in Mississippi Mills, home to the inventor of basketball, Dr. James Naismith, and winner of the 2016 Golden Bean award, Hummingbird Chocolate Maker.
- Hummingbird Chocolate Maker – award-winning chocolate
- Tea and Cake – chocolate desserts
- Crooked Mile Brewery– double-chocolate milk stout made with Hummingbird chocolate
- Equator Coffee Roasters– chocolate beverages (with or without coffee!)
- Penny’s Fudge Factory– chocolate fudge (obviously!)
Next stop, make the short drive to the picturesque town of Carleton Place, and find out why their tagline is “Meet me on the Mississippi!”
- Black Tartan Kitchen– decadent chocolate desserts
Once you’ve had your fill in Carleton Place, head to the heritage town of Perth, just a hop, skip, and a jump away on Highway 7.
- Perth Chocolate Works– watch chocolate being made, buy some truffles or other treats
- Perth Brewery – mocha stout for a chocolate-malty brew
- Michael’s Table – delicious chocolate desserts
- Fall River & Co. – chocolate fudges and truffles
- Maximilian’s Restaurant– chocolate desserts
- The Stone Cellar– chocolate desserts (if not on the menu, ask for something special!)
Your last stops on your choco-adventure lie in Smiths Falls, formerly home to the Hershey Chocolate Factory, now occupied by Canopy Growth Corporation (Tweed).
- C’est Tout Bakery– delicious chocolate baked goods and treats
- Tweed Visitor Centre– enjoy a chocolate treat at the end of your tour (chocolate made on site)